Serve these up for the kiddos or nibble on one while you have movie night.
By Abby Himes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 Tablespoon per cup)
- dash salt or seasoned salt like Lawry's
- dash pepper
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 13.8 oz package Pillsbury pizza dough, unrolled & divided into 12 squares
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your regular sized muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, season the meat with salt and pepper and cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Add in the onions and red bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cayenne and re-season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Lay each pizza dough square in the muffin pan so that it forms a little cup. Add a tablespoon or two of the ground beef mixture to each cup and top it about a tablespoon of shredded cheddar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the finished cups from the pan and let cool on a wire rack or eat right away, be careful it's hot! Dip in ketchup and mustard for a real cheeseburger taste, enjoy!
Abby can be found cruising her local farmer's market and co-op looking for fresh, new, flavors and sustainable options. She sees food as an adventure, and is always excited to try something new. Abby is also the creator and voice behind the food blog, Seaweed & Sassafras.