Blackberry puree and honey makes a divine adult punch that is perfect to prep ahead and serve to a crowd of thirsty guests.
A child’s 2nd birthday party may seem like odd inspiration for a cocktail however, for this bourbon punch that is indeed the case! My godson was turning two and my cousin asked if I’d create a special adult beverage for the 21+ guests drinking responsibly at the party. The theme was Winnie the Pooh and immediately my brain thought: honey! From there I added bourbon, seasonal blackberries, lemonade (it is summer after all!) and so the specialty drink for the party was created.
Even the guests who typically shy away from whisky enjoyed a few glasses of the punch and the entire bowl was gone before you could say “Oh, bother!”
- 1 750mL bottle of Maker's Mark
- 1½ quarts fresh squeezed lemonade
- ½ c. blackberry purée*
- 1 c. honey syrup**
- Blackberries and lemon wheels for garnish
- 3 packages for fresh blackberries, reserve 1 for garnish
- ¼ c. cold water
- For Honey Syrup
- 1 c. organic raw honey
- 1 c. water
- Combine all ingredients to a large punch bowl and mix with wooden spoon.
- Float whole blackberries and lemon wheels for garnish.
- Chill in refrigerator up to 2 hours prior to serving.
- Add ice directly to serving cup to avoid watering down punch.
- Add 2 packages of fresh blackberries in to a blender and blend sing purée setting.
- Slowly add ¼ cup water and blend again.
- Double strain mixture in to measuring cup and set aside until use.
- **In a stove-top pot, add 1 c. water and 1 c. honey.
- Mix together over medium heat until honey has completely dissolved and remove from heat until use.