Because it’s Autumn, everything is better with apples – even super fudgy and moist brownies.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
Because it's Autumn, everything is better with apples - even super fudgy and moist brownies.
Author: Zerrin Gunaydin
Recipe Type: Chocolate
- 150g butter
- 80g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 apples (makes ¾ cup when finely grated)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp walnut, ground
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 40x27cm baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small heat proof bowl over boiling water or use a microwave.
- Let it reach room temperature.
- Mix eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add in finely grated apples and mix.
- Pour in melted chocolate and butter and keep mixing.
- Add cocoa powder and mix with a spatula.
- Mix flour, vanilla and baking powder in a separate bowl and slowly add them sifting into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Toss ground walnuts on it and bake 35 minutes.
- Let it cool down before cutting into squares.