Whole wheat flour gives these chocolate chip cookies their full flavor to accompany the perfect chewy centers and crisp edges.
By Kimberly Killebrew
- 2¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1½ – 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until pale in color and fluffy in texture. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Add the oats and use a wooden spoon to stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Drop the cookie batter onto a cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop or spoon, in about 1-inch rounds. Bake for 8-10 minutes.