Lasagne is the perfect one-dish dinner. Try this vegetarian version of the classic comfort food.
By Tamara Novakoviç
Author: Tamara Novakovic
Recipe Type: Main course
- 300 g fresh lasagne sheets
- olive oil
- ½ large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp powdered chili
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tsp thyme
- coarse sea salt
- a few fresh basil leaves
- 7 oz (200 g) tomato puree
- 1 or 2 fresh tomatoes
- 2.1 oz (60 g) Parmesan cheese
- 7.7 oz (220 g) mozzarella cheese
- 15.8 oz (450 g) ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 356 F(180 C). Slightly grease rectangle baking pan.
- Heat olive oil and add finely chopped onion and garlic. Add cubed zucchini and eggplant. You don't need to saute it for a long time. Save a bit of zucchini for later and slice it thinly. Add tomato puree to the veggies and season them.
- In the baking dish, line lasagne sheets. Place veggies over them. Then spread sliced mozzarella cheese and ricotta on top of it. Add another layer of lasagne sheets and repeat until you finish with your material. In the end, add sliced zucchini and tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm.
Originally Published: September 6, 2013