A typical tequila sunrise is just tequila, orange juice, and grenadine. Allow the grenadine to sink to the bottom and the colors mimic a sunset! It’s also a perfect brunch drink.
What’s my tiny little spin? I mixed some vanilla bean simple syrup with the grenadine for a bit of a creamsicle vibe. You guys, it’s sooo good! The vanilla bean simple syrup is this one from William’s Sonoma, but it’s also really easy to make yourself. Just mix equal parts of sugar and water in small saucepan. Scrape in the beans from 1/2 of a vanilla bean, and simmer until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool before using.
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from 2 large oranges)
- ½ oz grenadine
- ½ vanilla bean simple syrup
- orange slice and maraschino cherries, to garnish
- Fill a glass up with ice. In a cocktail shaker, shake together the orange juice and tequila. Pour overt the ice.
- In a small glass or bowl, mix together the grenadine and the vanilla simple syrup. Pour over the back of a spoon into the glass. Garnish with a an orange wedge and a maraschino cherry!