Simple, Indian egg curry is delicious with a burst of spices. Serve with traditional roti bread or rice.
By Sowmya Dinavahi
It is so simple to make and is extremely delicious. You can have the spicy egg curry with rice or roti (traditional Indian bread). It has very simple flavors and simple spices and is extremely nutritious. People who are eggetarians, like me, will love the Spicy Egg Curry. Since we use boiled eggs in this recipe, it gives off very little smell. Make sure you do not over boil the eggs. Otherwise, they turn grey. One tip that I learned from my friend is that, as soon as the eggs are cooked, place them in cold water. This stops the egg whites from turning grey. Here is the recipe for easy and simple Indian dish – Spicy Egg Curry.
- 6 Organic Eggs ,Hard boiled
- 3 Large tomatoes, freshly chopped
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch sized Ginger, finely chopped
- 3-4 Garlic pods, finely chopped
- 3-4 Fresh curry leaves
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp of peanut oil
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of Freshly grated coconut
- 4-5 Dry Red chillies (Adjust according to your spice level)
- 1 tsp of Coriander seeds (Dry roasted)
- 1 tsp of Cumin seeds (Dry roasted)
- ¼ tsp of peppercorns
- 1 tbsp of Tamarind paste
- Using a mortar and pestle, Grind the coconut, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds,peppercorns and tamarind paste to a smooth paste by adding a tbsp of water. Set aside
- Heat some oil in a wide pan. Add chopped ginger, garlic and curry leaves to it and fry until brown. Add chopped onions to it and fry them until they turn translucent
- Add the ground paste to the onion mixture and fry till the raw smells goes on low flame. Add the chopped tomatoes and adjust the salt and spices. Add sugar to it and keep stirring
- Slowly the gravy release oil out and changes to darker color. Add the sliced eggs into the gravy and mix well.Garnish with coriander leaves.