Slip on those mittens, because tonight’s simple and complete dinner comes straight out of the oven. No fuss!
Fish dishes are some of the most common and healthy in all of Italian cuisine. There are many people who are terrified of cooking fish, but you shouldn’t be—it is so easy and takes so little time to make a delicious and flavorful meal. Roasted cod is packed with protein, high in potassium and low in carbs, and takes only a few minutes to prepare. I paired it with some french green beans and hearty potatoes to round out this satisfying meal. Please always buy the freshest fish. You can substitute red snapper, tilapia or haddock if cod is unavailable.
- 10 small red potatoes halved
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste 4 Cod fillet
- 12 oz. green beans blanched
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 slices lemon
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 375º/
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut the potatoes into halves and put in a bowl with 2 tbsp of the oil. Toss to coat in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Spread out the potatoes on one of the baking trays. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and browned at the edges, turning them over halfway through.
- Brush the fish fillets on both sides with the 2 tbsp of oil and sprinkle evenly, again on both sides, with salt and pepper. Transfer on the other baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Carefully transfer the cod into the potato tray add the green beans, garlic, lemon juice, and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Transfer back to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.