Chili powder adds an customizable level of heat to these crunchy potato wedges.
By Siri Pulipaka
- 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled
- 1-2 tbsp fine cornmeal (or polenta)
- salt - to taste (~ 1 tsp)
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cut potatoes into long wedges and boil for 10 mins. Turn off heat and drain in a colander. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix together - cornmeal, salt, black pepper powder and chilli powder. Gently toss the boiled potatoes in the cornmeal mixture.
- Preheat oven to 220 C or 425 F.
- Heat a pan (oven-proof or cast iron skillet if you have one) and add a thin layer of olive oil. Add garlic. Let it sizzle for about 30 seconds and add seasoned potatoes in one single layer.
- Transfer the contents onto a baking pan and roast for about 30 mins, turning them for every 10 mins. You can skip this step and directly place into the oven, if using an oven-proof skillet or cast iron skillet.
- Make sure you roast them until they are crunchy from out side.
- Serve them with any dip and ketchup.