A very easy brunch or lunch preparation with tofu and salad that promises guilt-free indulgence.
By Priya Sreeram
Tucking in to a bowlful of Pasta and Tofu as a salad for the sunday brunch is blissful. An easy breezy preparation, it is light on stomach and very filling.This simple dish suits my lazy sundays and the best part is my kids love it too ! The only cooking here is the pasta that needs to be well done but not overtly mushy. I had refrigerated the pasta & tofu for a good 30 minutes before dressing them up.The dressing for the salad is a tasteful blend of lemon juice,garlic, pepper, olive oil and a spoonful of mayonnaise.You can add few olives to make the salad more interesting.
- Shell Pasta - 1 large cup - cooked
- Tofu - ½ cup - cut in to bite sized cubes
- Walnuts and Pistachios - a fistful - roughly chopped
- Fresh Mint Leaves - a few sprigs
- Eggless Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp (I used store bought)
- Dried Basil - 1½ tbsp
- Garlic - 3 pods - grated
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil - 4 to 5 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper Powder - to taste
- Cook the Pasta as per instructions on the pack.Drain it well and set aside.
- Mix the tofu pieces along with the nuts and toss it with the cooked pasta and mint leaves.Refrigerate it for some time
- In the meanwhile mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well.Enjoy