PARTNER POST: May 26 is National Pinot Grigio Day. We’re celebrating with Cavit Wines by sharing refreshing spring and summer recipes that pair perfectly with Pinot Grigio.
Once you have one bite, you’ll want to serve this chickpea salad with herbs and vegetables all summer long.
Are you excited? Summer is finally upon us. Parties, family gatherings, dining al fresco are all on my mind. I can’t wait for relaxing evenings, foods harvested from my garden and beverages to celebrate a more relaxed vibe for the next several months.
As the temperatures rise, our plates are filled with colorful foods and refreshing beverages. I’ve partnered up with Cavit Collection to pair up a summer recipe along with their light & crisp Pinot Grigio (hello, National Pinot Grigio day this Friday) for that perfect pairing. I love easy recipes, that are quite flexible and can be prepared ahead of time so you can enjoy your family, friends or party go-ers. Along with a wonderful veggie/bean salad, I love to stock up on lighter wines for guests. Featuring one of our favorites, Cavit Pinot Grigio is the perfect, light summer wine. I know wine selection can be quite difficult if you aren’t familiar, but this Pinot is a wonderful option that everyone will love.
- 3 cups of chickpeas, canned or freshly cooked – drained/rinsed
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, torn up
- ½ cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ of red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Cook your dried chickpeas or drain and rinse canned beans. Chop and prep your other ingredients.
- To build the salad – add the garlic, Dijon, olive oil, salt and pepper to the base of the bowl. Then add the remaining ingredients and toss the salad well to coat. Taste and adjust the salt as needed. Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours prior to serving and up to one week to develop the flavors. Serve straight from the fridge or at room temperature.