Delicious as a dessert or breakfast treat, these date cakes are soft and rich with a hint of cocoa and no eggs.
By Sanjeeta Kk
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 20 Dates
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350F) and grease mini donut moulds or pans.
- Remove pits from all the dates.
- Bring milk to boil and soak de-pitted Dates in it for 10 minutes.
- Blend milk, soaked Dates and sugar to make a smooth puree.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of flour mix and pour the Date puree in it.
- Gently fold in all the ingredients to mix with a spatula. Pour the batter in the mini donuts moulds and bake for 15-20 minutes or till done