Delicious as a dessert or breakfast treat, these date cakes are soft and rich with a hint of cocoa and no eggs.
By Sanjeeta Kk
Mini Date Cakes with Chocolate
Use good quality Dates (khajoor) which are juicy and soft for making these mini ring cakes. This same batter of Date mini cakes can be used to bake cake or muffins.
Author: Sanjeeta Kk
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 20 Dates
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350F) and grease mini donut moulds or pans.
- Remove pits from all the dates.
- Bring milk to boil and soak de-pitted Dates in it for 10 minutes.
- Blend milk, soaked Dates and sugar to make a smooth puree.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of flour mix and pour the Date puree in it.
- Gently fold in all the ingredients to mix with a spatula. Pour the batter in the mini donuts moulds and bake for 15-20 minutes or till done