This tomato Utphappam is and increbliy easy to make Indian style omelette.
By Nagalakshmi Viswanathan
- 2 cups of idli batter, preferably 2-3 days old
- 1 tomato
- A few curry leaves
- 2-3 tbsp of gingelly oil, Indian sesame oil, I use Idhayam
- Slice the tomatos into thin slices.
- Pour about ⅓ cup batter on a hot iron griddle and shape into a thick circle. Place tomato slices and curry leaves on top.
- Drizzle oil and flip over when one side is cooked.
- Cook the other side until lightly browned.
- Flip around to make sure both sides are cooked.
- Serve hot.