Learn to make the popular chocolate hazelnut spread from scratch for a healthier, all-natural version.
By Shannon Lim
- 70g Hazelnuts – Roasted & blanched
- 180g Sweetened Condensed Milk (I only use 100g)
- 85g Dark chocolate – roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- Toast the hazelnuts in the oven at 350F for 3-4minutes. Or can dry roast on pan.
- Add the cooled, toasted hazelnuts to the processor bowl, pulse for 2-3 minutes and you will have very finely ground hazelnuts. Scrape down the sides and the blade and process until there are no lumps remaining. Keep processing until it become a thick paste. You can try processing until it become creamy liquid (which didn’t happen for me).
- Using stovetop double boiler, melt chocolate, condensed milk, and honey in a bowl. Or you can melt using microwave for 20sec pulse.
- Add the warm chocolate mix to the food processor bowl and mix well.