Milan proves to be a delicious city for seafood – yes, SEAFOOD!
Here is a recipe from Mandarin Oriental Hotel’s Grilled Squid with Peas and Mint.
- 500g squid
- 50g herring eggs
- 5g toasted sliced ??almonds
- 10g mint
- Thyme qs
- Marjoram qs
- Basil qs
- Garlic qs
- 1kg fresh peas
- 300g vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
- 100g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sticks of lemon grass
- shell and blanch the peas in salted water. Blend together with the vegetable stock and the extra virgin olive oil as needed, adding salt. Pass the cream in a thin chinois.
- Cut the lemon grass and put it under vacuum together with the oil. Steam at 55 ° C for 1 hour. Allow to cool and filter.
- Clean the squid, cut into the surface, season with oil, thyme, marjoram, basil and garlic as required. Lightly cook them in a very hot pan.
- Lay the pea cream on the bottom of the plate. Place the freshly cooked squid on top and season with the lemon grass oil and mint leaves. Complete with herring eggs and sliced ??toasted almonds.