A vegan and gluten free bread with an earthy flavor and a hint of rosemary and olive oil. Enjoy sliced with apples and basil.
By Ambra Torelli
One of the hardest parts of following a gluten-free diet is giving up those fluffy, crisp loaves of bread. As a kid, my dad would spread his mouthwatery peach jam over those warm, golden slices of bread for breakfast.
Unfortunately, wheat bread is no good for a gluten-free body, so I created this recipe, that is gluten-free and still delicious. Its hint of herbs and olive oil match with the fresh aroma of the apples and basil I like to savor it with, brings me back to my Italy… I eat it and can almost hear the crickets singing!
- 150 gr Brown Rice Flour
- 150 gr, Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- ½ White Potato
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 1 handful of dry Rosemary
- 1 handful of chopped Walnuts
- 8 gr Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Lukewarm Water
- Put all the different flours and the Psyllium in a bowl, together with salt, rosemary, and chopped walnuts.
- Peel the potato and grate half of it on top of your mixture. Lastly add Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and stir well.
- Once all the ingredients are well amalgamated, add some lukewarm water little by little and starts kneading with your hands until you get a ball of dough which is moist and elastic.
- Put your bread in a casserole to help leavening and bake at 195 C for 40 minutes.