With fresh ricotta only five minutes away, you can enjoy it at all times.
By Carol Egbert
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine milk, vinegar and salt in a four-cup, microwave safe bowl.
- Zap mixture for three minutes on high, until an instant read thermometer reads 165º.
- Remove from microwave and stir mixture for five seconds until curds have formed and separated from the translucent whey.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer curds to a perforated plastic basket or sieve lined with cheese cloth or paper towel,
- For creamy ricotta let it drain for about five minutes.
- Transfer to bowl, cover and put in refrigerate.
- For drier ricotta, increase draining time.