A refreshing and calming drink for when you’re hot and bothered.
By Christina Soong-Kroeger
It’s hot and I’m bothered.
I want instant refreshment, instant karma (calmer).
I need something to cool me down.
Let’s see: I have Greek yoghurt in the fridge and an unopened bottle of rosewater in the larder.
Aha! A Rosewater Lassi.
Quickly now. Make it. Drink it.
Ahhh. That’s better.
- 1 500 gram (17.5 ounce) tub Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup chilled water
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 roasted pistachios, shelled and crushed into pieces
- Blend first six ingredients with hand held blender in a deep bowl or large plastic container.
- Pour into two tall glasses and garnish with pistachios.
- Drink immediately.