This flavorful, biscuit-like cookie is a great way to utilized leftover egg whites.
By Ann Low
- 300g (10.5 ounces) Soft Butter
- 225g (8 ounces) Sugar
- 40g (1.5 ounces) Egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 300g (10.5 ounces) Plain flour, sieved
- 225g (8 ounces) Hazelnut meal (ground hazelnut)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Mix sifted plain, ground hazelnut and cinnamon powder well together in a plastic bag. Set aside for later use.
- Cream soft butter, sugar and vanilla flavour until light and fluffy at medium speed.
- Lower speed, slowly add in egg white and gradually add in the flour ingredients, mix well to soft dough. (do not over mix)
- Scoop soft dough into the cookie press and press out soft dough on to baking try (lined with baking paper).
- Bake at preheated oven at 180C for about 12 minutes or golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool before storing in an airtight container.