Try this amazingly creamy asparagus soup, courtesy of Lauren Hardy.
By Lauren Hardy
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken sausage links, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 small red potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), cut into ½-inch
- 6 oz. plain greek yogurt
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the sausage and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a plate. Add the garlic to the pot and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the potatoes are almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the asparagus and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Scoop out ½ cup asparagus pieces and set aside for garnish. Using a blender, puree the soup in small batches. Return the soup to the pot, whisk in the yogurt and chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Top with the reserved asparagus pieces and serve with bread.