Decadent cookie crust, laden with pecans, smeared with smooth dark and milk chocolate, topped with crispy potato chips and drizzled with caramel.
By Amrita Rawat
Cookie Crust, Chocolate, Pecan and Potato Chips Bars
A cookie crust, laden with pecans... smeared with smooth dark and milk chocolate... top that with crunchy, salty, spiced potato chips, and drizzle those chips with salted caramel.
Author: By Amrita Rawat - inspired by SweetArt Bake Shop
Recipe Type: Baking
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 medium bag of potato chips of your choice
- Salted caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought*)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter and sugars together until blended.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Use a spatula to stir in all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt).
- Stir in the pecans last.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan, lined with parchment paper (or 8x8 if you want it thicker)
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden on top.
- Once removed from the oven, sprinkle 1 cup dark chocolate chips and 1 cup milk chocolate chips over the cookie base.
- Let sit a couple of minutes and then use a spatula to smear the chocolate all over (You may need to put it back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the chocolate more).
- Once smeared and cooled for about 5 minutes (the chocolate should still be a little wet/warm, but not hot), stick pieces of potato chips all over the top.
- Drizzle with salted caramel sauce.