If you are looking for a great way of upgrading your brownies with something new – look no further than these red velvet truffle brownies.
By Erin Mahoney
These are one of those bar-cookie-brownie desserts that are easy to put together, and great for pot-lucks and entertaining. They’re super rich, but easily cut into small pieces so you can eat a little or a lot. The red-velvet brownie layer is covered with an Oreo truffle layer, and the whole darn thing is smothered in melted chocolate and mini chocolate chips.
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3.4 ounces) package instant vanilla pudding
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 package Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound candy-melt chocolate (like Almond Bark or CandiQuick), melted
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs, pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix well until thoroughly combined,
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the red velvet brownie layer into the pan. Use a rubber spatula to press into place.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Using a rolling pin or a food processor, crush Oreos to a coarse powder, with no large chunks.
- Add cream cheese to food processor, or use a mixer to blend cream cheese with Oreos until
- Spread Oreo truffle mixture on top of baked red velvet brownies, again using rubber spatula to assist in spreading to edges of pan.
- Melt chocolate candy bark (or chocolate chips) and pour over top Oreo truffle layer.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips while still warm.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.