Bloomer refers to a British white bread that’s perfect for paninis or even just PB&J.
By Jehanne Ali
Bloomer refers to a British white bread that's perfect for paninis or even just PB&J.
Author: Jehanne Ali
Recipe Type: Baking
Serves: 1 loaf
- 500g bread flour
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt ( 10g)
- 2 tsp instant yeast ( 9g)
- around 300mls water
- Mix all the ingredients and add water gradually to form soft dough, either using hand kneading or stand mixer with hook attachment.
- Oil your hands and knead the dough briefly. Leave to rise in greased bowl until triples in size.
- Punch down the air gently and make a rectangle shape.
- Fold the edges like envelope, and roll the dough with edges at the bottom.
- Sprinkle top with water and dust with flour. Make few deep slashes diagonally with very sharp knife in single motion.
- Leave to rise again for 30-45 mins and preheat the oven and pizza stone at 220C.
- If using two racks in oven, fill the tray below with water to create steam whilst baking.
- Transfer bread to bake on pizza stone for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 200C and continue for another 10 to 15 minutes until top is golden.