A sweet, simple lemon glaze adds a citrusy kick to spiced zucchini bread.
By Lauren Hardy
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in oil and honey, then zucchini and vanilla.
- In a separate, large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the bowl of wet ingredients. Divide the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaves for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For the glaze, simply mix the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice together in a bowl and drizzle over the freshly baked bread.
Lauren Hardy is a writer, editor and self-taught, experimental foodie. By the time she was 6 years old, she had the Toll House Inn chocolate chip cookie recipe memorized and baked a variety of batches for her family each week. Her passion for cooking flourished during her college years.In addition to her writing aspirations, she hopes to own a bakery someday. You can follow her latest musings on her blog, "Making Life Sweet," at laurenhardy.com, where she blogs weekly about inspiration, food and faith.