Green Chile Breakfast Tacos
Switch up your breakfast routine with these flavorful tacos loaded with eggs, green chilies, cheese, and cilantro lime crema.
Egg, Green Chile and Cheese Breakfast Taco Ingredients:
- 3 whole Eggland’s Best eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ of a 4 ounce can diced green chiles save the remaining chiles for the crema
- Salt pepper and hot sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese plus extra for topping
- 4 corn tortillas
Cilantro Lime Crema Ingredients
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ of a 4 ounce can diced green chiles uses the remainder from the taco filling
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves chopped
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all of the Cilantro Lime Crema ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the crema into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
In a medium sized bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the Eggland’s Best eggs, milk, green chiles, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
Heat a medium sized skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-low heat.
Pour in the egg mixture and stir it around constantly with a rubber spatula until the desired doneness.
Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese until it melts.
Divide the filling evenly into 4 warmed corn tortillas and top with the cilantro lime crema.