Three Bean Salad
Packed with protein and veggies, this three bean salad is loaded with fresh Greek flavors like lemon, olives and feta, to make a perfect summer side dish.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 8 ounces fresh green beans trimmed and cut into 1-2? pieces
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 english cucumber coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bell pepper cored and chopped (I used half red and half yellow)
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
FOR THE DRESSING
- Click the link above for the dressing recipe.
PREPARE THE SALAD:
Fill a medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked to the desired level of doneness. Drain well.
Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
PREPARE THE DRESSING:
In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, dijon, salt, and pepper until combined. Whisking constantly, add the olive oil in a slow stream. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Add the desired amount of dressing and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
The dressing may be made in advance and stored in an air tight container in the fridge.
The salad may be assembled a few hours before serving.