Salsa Scalloped Potatoes
Reinvent the usual scalloped potatoes to include scallions, cilantro, cheddar cheese and salsa with a bit of spice.
- 4 Russet potatoes thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 Cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons Butter unsalted (plus more to grease the dish)
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Salt to taste (we used 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 cup Thick’N Chunky Salsa Medium
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Scallions sliced
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Melt the butter in a sauce pot. Then add garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
Add the heavy cream, salt and cumin. Add the potatoes and bring the entire pot to a simmer. Allow to simmer until cream has thickened and the potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, grease a dish or skillet. We used a 6 inch skillet.
Once potato and cream mixture is ready, use a fork to arrange the potatoes and cream sauce in a flat layer or spiral design in the pan. (You should have two layers) Top with half of the salsa, half of the cheese and half of the scallions. Repeat for a second layer.
Bake until bubbling and brown on top and so potatoes are completely cooked. About 40 minutes.
Top with fresh cilantro.