Asparagus and strawberry makes for an unusual but delicious pairing for a green smoothie.
White asparagus is sometimes only seasonally available, but this recipe works with green as well.
Smoothie experimenting is so much fun, even more so if you don’t force yourself to stick to recipes and just try out combinations of what you have in your fridge and in your fruit bowl. That’s how strawberries and asparagus came in. In a smoothie, the pairing is even a bit more subtle. Raw asparagus is currently quite popular on the blogosphere, and I have to admit that of course I tried it and loved the fresh taste but couldn’t get used to the consistency. Well, no problem at all when it’s mixed up.
- 2 big stems of raw white asparagus cleaned and peeled
- 8 strawberries cleaned
- 2 big leaves of fresh mint
- 1 bit of poppy-seed oil
- ½ tsp. of ground vanilla
- ½ tsp. raw sugar normally, smoothies don’t contain sugar, but it enhances the asparagus flavor
- juice of ½ lemon
- approx. 1 cup of water
- Put all ingredients into a blender.
- Mix very well starting with low power and then quickly switching to full power until everything is smooth and well emulated.
- Fill into glasses.
Berlin-based food bloggers with a strong passion for vegetarian & vegan cuisine and photography. Inspired by the city and its many culinary spots, we experiment with anything delicious & healthy in our tiny kitchen.