This is a very simple recipe; apart from roasting the squash, it’ll take you only 15 minutes to prepare. Stick a serving spoon in and pass it around.
By Bryan Picard
Whipped Butternut Squash and Red Onions
Author: Bryan Picard
Recipe Type: Side dish
- 1 butternut squash (about 3 lbs)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- a dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Split the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and roast in the oven at 375-400°F for about an hour, until you can easily pierce it with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, gently cook the onions in 2 tablespoons of butter for no more than 2 minutes.
- Once the squash is cooked, scoop out the flesh, and whisk it in a bowl with the rest of the butter and cream. Add the onions and season with salt and hot sauce.
- Put the mixture back in the skin and serve.