- 1 large russet potato (skin scrubbed and dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets (see directions below)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a medium baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rub potato with olive oil, coating all sides, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place onto prepared baking pan.
- Prick potato several times with a fork on each side. Bake for about 50-55 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when squeezed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cook for several minutes.
- If using the pre-cut broccoli florets: steam in bag, prepare broccoli according to package directions. Remove from package after microwaving and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- If using broccoli florets from a head of broccoli, prepare broccoli while potato is baking. Fill a medium pot with about 1/4 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Place a steam over pot, add broccoli and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from steamer and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Once potatoes have cooled, cut a slit down the center and pinch ends to make a wide opening.
- Add broccoli to inside of the potato, then top with shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven and back for about 5-7 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Main