Caipisake is Brazil’s most prevalent cocktail, made with strawberry and sake. This version keeps the sake but is watermelon flavored and served as shots.
Watermelon Caipisake Shots
Caipisake is Brazil's most prevalent cocktail, usually made with strawberry or kiwi and Japanese sake. This version keeps the sake but is watermelon flavored and served as shots.
Author: Denise Browning
Recipe Type: Drinks
Serves: 1 (8-ouce) glass or 8 shot glasses
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (brown or crystalized)
- Crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons sake
- Place watermelon pieces and sugar into a measuring pitcher or 8-ounce glass.
- Mash the two ingredients together using a pastle or a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the sake.
- Pour caipisake into 8 shot glasses that have been ⅓ filled with crushed ice ahead of time, or leave caipisake into an 8-ouce glass if you are making and serving in it (in this case, stir in ⅓ cup of crushed ice).