These vegetarian tacos are loaded with adobo-spiced pulled mushrooms (which have the same texture and taste as pulled pork) and a fresh corn ceviche that adds sweet crunch.
- 4 king oyster mushrooms*
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp adobo sauce (from jar of chipotle peppers)
- 2 fresh corn
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeño (finely chopped)
- 1 lime ((juice, zest))
- 3 radishes (finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 6 tortillas
- Shred Mushrooms: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C). Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Using two forks, shred the stems and caps roughly into pieces. Set on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake: Drizzle mushrooms with oil, spices, and garlic. Toss around to evenly coat the mushrooms, then bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are a bit crispy and brown on the edges. Stir in the adobo to evenly coat.
- Corn Salad: Meanwhile, cut corn from the cob and toss to combine with all Corn Salad ingredients. Set aside to marinate.
- Assemble: Spoon warm pulled mushroom, corn salad, radishes, feta, and avocado onto tortillas and serve.
*You can use regular oyster mushrooms if you can’t find king oysters, though you will need many more (about 3 heaping cups). Button or champignon mushrooms don’t work well in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Tacos
- Cuisine: Mexican inpisred
- Calories: 250
Keywords: adobo, mushrooms, taco