- 2 lbs. rump roast (cubed)
- 4 beef marrow soup bones (optional)
- 15 oz can stewed tomatoes (cut up)
- 32 oz. beef broth
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 5–6 stalks celery (chopped)
- 5–6 carrots (chopped)
- 1–2 medium parsnips (chopped)
- 10 oz. pkg. frozen peas
- 1/2–3/4 cup alphabet noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large stock pot over medium high heat. Add meat and sear to a nice brown, add a little water and scrape bits off bottom, let brown slightly and pour off browned broth into a bowl. Turn meat and sear each side, adding water and pouring off browned broth as you go. This broth is rich and adds a nice depth to the soup.
- Remove meat from stock pot.
- Add a slight bit of olive oil to the bottom of the pot and sauté onion for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add meat back into stock pot with onions. Add bone marrow soup bones, beef broth, stewed tomatoes and enough water to cover beef.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and let simmer, uncovered, on stove for 1-2 hours.
- Add vegetables and seasoning and continue to simmer for another hour.
- Add alphabet noodles and cook for 15 minutes or as directed on package.
- Serve hot with a side of warm bread.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Category: Main