If you’re making just one serving try grinding your pesto with a mortar and pestle. Any more than that and you’re better off with a food processor.
By Siri Pulipaka
- few raw almonds
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- about ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt - to taste
- red pepper flakes
- Lightly dry roast almonds. Cool and keep aside.
- In a mortar, add almonds and pound them until coarse powder.
- Add basil leaves, peeled garlic and salt.
- Add olive oil little by little and make a paste out of the ingredients. Adjust seasoning and add lemon juice.
- Boil your favorite pasta. Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a pan, add pesto and pasta. Toss together. Mix in red pepper flakes and Serve.
Siri is an obsessed foodie, an avid blogger, a passionate photographer and one who yearns for simple pleasures of life. She writes about recipes, her culinary adventures and reviews local restaurants & events on her blog - Cooking With Siri, which she started in summer of 2007 during her stint in the US. She believes in farmer's markets, growing her own food and eating responsibly & locally. She also has a photography blog - 365 Days of Siri, where she shares and documents a slice of her daily life through the camera lens. She currently lives in Hyderabad, India along with her food-loving husband.