Get your day off to a healthy and delicious start with this nutritious superfood breakfast.
By Zita Nagy
- 2-3 ripe bananas, smashed with a fork
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 and ¼ cups almond milk (you can use rice, oat or soymilk too)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- Prepare your breakfast a day before. In a bowl mix chia seeds with almond milk and let it rest in the fridge for the night.
- The next day toast the hazelnut in a dry non-stick pan for 7-8 minutes and chop them roughly.
- Mix together the chia almond milk pudding with the smashed bananas and vanilla. Serve in little bowls with the toasted hazelnut.
Zita's love for cookbooks and delicious food started at the age of 9. Whenever she went home from school her little brother and she would wait for mom to make dinner for them. Until the dinner was ready, she was turning the pages back and forth and was staring at photographs of amazingly looking dishes in mom's cookbooks to kill her appetite somehow. She couldn't have known then, that she would be collecting cookbooks after reaching adulthood and would still be, just like in her childhood, staring at awesome photos of delicious dishes. The only difference is that she does the cooking now. She loves traveling, going to the organic market and browsing foodblogs. Her vegetarian food and travelblog is Zizi's Adventures.