These Romanian vanilla walnut cookies will pair perfectly with a hot, cozy cup to warm your hands on a chilly day.
Walnut vanilla cookies – they are the most mellow, walnutty cookies I’ve ever made and tasted! Perfect little treats of walnut flavor and amazing texture! The best part?! They preserve beautifully for over 2 weeks sealed in a cookie jar!
The ingredient list is fairly simple, but the outcome is quite impressive. They look cute as well, just like tiny croissants dusted with plenty of powdered sugar that melt in your mouth with each bite!
- 300g all-purpose flour
- 3g salt
walnuts,roasted and ground
- 60g white sugar
- 65ml milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Prepare the dusting sugar by sifting at least 150g of powdered sugar into a bowl. Place aside.
- Sift the flour with salt then mix it with the ground walnuts.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla then incorporate the milk, spoon after spoon, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture,
one halfat a time, and knead just until the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours at least.
- Once the dough is chilled, take small pieces of dough and shape into a log that has
1cmdiameter. Cut the log into approximately 5cm long pieces. Using your fingertips, shape each end of the smaller pieces to look thinner then bend the small logto look similar to a croissant or half moon.
- Place the cookies on baking trays then bake in the preheated oven at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until they are just slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven then allow to cool down in the pan for 10 minutes. Take the cookies from the pan and place them in the powdered sugar, coating them on all sides.
- Remove on a platter and serve!