This is a POUND cake in the shape of a bundt cake. It’s moist, delicious and heavy. This is not a light cake. As long as you know that, everything will be fine.
By Deena Wachtel
I’ve been indulging in CBTL Vanilla Chai Tea Latte’s lately.
I say “indulge” because I made the mistake of reading the ingredients of the vanilla powder that makes the latte so damn delicious. I’ve limited my lattes to only twice a week.
But that doesn’t mean that I haven’t been craving that spicy mix to Chai Tea and the sweetness of Vanilla on a daily basis.
So, when I saw a Vanilla Chai Tea bundt cake recipe, I jumped at the chance to make it. And, it was DELISH!!! Really. This cake was a hit at a breakfast farewell party that I threw a few weeks ago.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 6 chai tea bags
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Scald milk and steep tea bags for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Butter and flour a buddy pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and beat on high until well combined and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix on low-medium speed until fully incorporated. Add vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add flour and milk - alternatively, starting and ending with the flour.
- Pour into prepared bunt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with a simple glaze or dust with confectioners sugar.