- 1 Pkg. Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 to 2 Cups Warm Water
- 4– 5 Cups All-purpose (Unbleached Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Rosemary
- Coarse Salt
- 4 Medium Onions (Peeled & Thinly Sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil Plus Extra For Drizzling
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of the warm water, and let sit 10 minutes until bubbly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, teaspoons of salt, olive oil, rosemary, yeast mixture and remaining water.
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and then your hands.
- Transfer to a floured work surface and knead by hand for a few minutes or until smooth.
- Place in a well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the onions with the olive oil and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Punch down dough and place on a 13 X 9 inch oiled baking sheet, forming into an oval or rectangle.
- Dimple the top surface with your finger tips, and then evenly spread the onions across the top, and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Bread