Two kinds of cheese, tomatoes, and eggs with runny yolks make a morning of cold, leftover pizza sound like old news. Make this colorful warm pie for dinner, too.
By Christine Skari
This recipe is a game changer. It takes eating pizza for breakfast to a new, beautiful level and you can say ado to cold leftovers because this recipe comes together in no time with pre-made pizza dough!
It is made up of a golden brown crust, bits of crispy bacon poking out, vibrant tomatoes, and perfectly cooked egg and runny yolk that breaks deliciously when you bite into it.
- 16 oz pizza dough
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, roll out the dough to a large 12x12 circle. Drizzle with olive oil and spread the pesto evenly on top. Sprinkle on the bacon, parmesan, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese and bake for 4 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and crack the three eggs on top, then replace and cook for 8-12 minutes more or until the crust is golden brown.
- Top with Italian parsley and basil and eat hot!