- 1 skinless 2 1/2 pound turkey breast
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 large red onion (sliced thin)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Place the turkey breast into a slow cooker.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk until blended, then pour over the turkey.
- Turn the turkey to coat in the sauce then cover and set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the turkey breast from the slow cooker and place on a board to cool.
- Shred the turkey with two large forks into large, bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add a cup of sauce at a time to the shredded turkey, tossing to coat in the sauce. Add as much or as little sauce as desired for your taste.
- Serve the turkey in flour tortillas, topped with the onion slices, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
To take some of the raw flavor out of the red onion, add the slices to a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain and dry well.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours