PARTNER POST — TrySwedish Thursdays is a culinary collaboration between TrySwedish, West Sweden, Gothenburg and Sweden’s most famous and loved cheese Västerbottensost®. Discover the edible delights of the land.
Put together bold flavors, including an herbed yogurt made with Västerbottensost cheese, to create a simply Swedish summer meal.
Not sure what Västerbottensost is? Learn about the unique cheese from our article here.
- 150 g (5.3 ounces) grated Västerbottensost cheese
- 600 g (21 ounces) salmon fillet
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 500 g (17 ounces or a little over one pound) almond potatoes, can be substituted for fingerlings
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- 100 g (3.5 ounces) yoghurt
- 1 handful of fresh chervil or other favorite herb
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice potatoes into smaller pieces, halved or quartered, and boil about 12 minutes, or until tender, in salted water. Drain when finished.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil, salt and pepper and allow to brown in the oven at 200 ° C (570F) for about 3 minutes.
- Mix the mustard, lemon and oil together. Stir in Västerbotten cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salmon into four pieces and place them in a marinade of sugar and soy sauce, sprinkle with sea salt and broil in the hot frying pan for a nice color . Continue cooking in the oven at 200 ° C (570F) for about 4 minutes. Mix the potatoes with mustard dressing. Chop the fresh herbs and mix with yogurt. Serve with a pinch of grated Västerbotten cheese on top .
Lindsey Olsson Shamshoian
A.V. OLSSON TRADING CO., INC.
VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
T: +1 203-969-2090 | M: +1 203-253-3738
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.