Take your mac and cheese to a whole new rich and delicious level with this truffled recipe.
Did someone give you a giant bottle of Truffle Oil? You should make this recipe from Del Frisco’s Grille
- ¼ cup diced shallots
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. shredded Gruyere or swiss
- 2 oz. grated parmesan
- 2 cup dry radiatore pasta any pasta with grooves will do.
- Sweat garlic and shallots till garlic browns slightly.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil then simmer
- Reduce by 1/3
- Add gruyere and parmesan season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
Pasta and Assembly
- Bring 12 cups of water and 6 Tbsp of salt to a boil
- Add pasta and stir to prevent sticking
- Once pasta is cooked, strain and add to sauce
- Stir pasta in with sauce over low heat.
- Place in a 4×4 square gratin dish
- Top with ½ cup Bread Crumbs, bake in a 400 degree oven till bread crumbs start to brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with a good quality truffle oil (should have truffle in the oil)
Michelle Tchea is a 4-time bestselling author. Her books include, Building a Perfect Meal, My Little SoHo Kitchen, Signature Dishes (Australia's Best) and Chefs Collective. Her work can be found in other leading luxury travel and food magazines including Travel+Leisure Asia, SMILE, NUVO Magazine and The Telegraph