Coconut roasted veggies, crispy tofu and a delicious and avocado cream – it can´t get any better. The possibilities with homemade panini and sandwiches are endless.
By Be smart. Eat smart.
Coconut roasted veggies, crispy tofu and a delicious and healthy avocado cream – it can´t get any better! The possibilities with homemade panini and sandwiches are endless. Absolutely delicious!
- red & green pepper
- sun-dried tomatoes
- (red) onion
- red cabbage
- sauteed spinach
- 1 firm or extra firm tofu, well drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp (fresh) lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- whole wheat tortillas
- Roast veggies: Check out the link to our recipe for (Cinnamon) Roasted Carrots above! You can use this recipe for other vegetables as well. Baking time can be between 30 and 45 minutes depending on your choice of vegetables.
- Prepare tofu: Mix together the soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Remove the tofu from the packaging and drain all water. Use your hands to crumble the tofu into small pieces. Heat a pan over medium heat and cook tofu until slightly browned. Turn the heat down to medium. Pour in the soy sauce mixture, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Prepare avocado cream: Place avocado into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix.
- Fill & grill tortillas: Layer veggies, tofu crumble and avocado cream on the wrap, fold both ends in and roll up. Brush panini press with some coconut oil (or oil of your choice) and place the seam side of the tortilla down on the pre-heated panini press. Close the press for about 2 – 3 minutes.
Be smart. Eat smart. aims for a well-balanced nutrition and offers guidelines about how to make good food choices, how to shop and how to cook healthy, tasty and satisfying recipes. Our healthy recipes provide alternatives to those naughty foods such as pizza, burgers, cookies, cakes, and more, making it so easy to switch! No meat, no dairy, no sugar, just natural pure unprocessed ingredients, prepared with minimal effort. For daily updates follow our Instagram page @besmarteatsmart.