Sweet and salt with a mix of sesame and caramel, these easy cookies add another dimension with the addition of tahini.
By Pallavi Gupta
The recipe is super easy and quick to put together. It’s literally dumping all the ingredients in one bowl- a quick mix and bake. You then make a thumbprint in the cookie not with your thumb or any other finger as for that matter because this step needs to be done while the cookies are still hot. Once the cookies cool completely, you fill it up with a caramel sauce that has sesame mixed in it.These will stay in an air tight container in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- ¾ cup tahini
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp semolina
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter (regular salted)
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven at 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the cookie dough ingredients and mix with a spoon or a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop add scoops one by one onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes – the cookies should not flatten.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Use the back of a utensil into the center of the warm cookie to create an indentation.
- Once the cookies are cooled completely fill them up with the caramel sauce.
- Make caramel once the cookies are completely cooled and ready to be filled in – you want your caramel sauce to be warm and in a pouring consistency to fill up the cookies.
- Add water, sugar and butter in a saucepan and heat up the mixture on medium low till the sugar melts and starts turning golden.
- Remove from the heat and add cream to the sauce. It will bubble a bit violently but will eventually calm down and will form a beautiful caramel sauce.
- Return back onto low heat and add sesame while stirring continuously. Cook for a minute or two.