Caramelized meatballs come together in a flash with grated onion to keep them tender. Sweet and a bit spicy, these mini meatballs are anything but boring.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, grated on the smallest holes of a box grater
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of dry harissa spice (or a drizzle of sriracha sauce to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint or dried oregano
- A couple of drizzles of honey
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Serving options: Squeeze of lemon or lime, plain Greek yogurt for dipping
- Mix the ground turkey with the grated onion, bread crumbs, egg, harissa or sriracha sauce, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, mint and salt. Wet your hands and form the mixture into the shape of large marbles.
- Heat a large nonstick fry pan with olive oil. Drop the meatballs in the pan and brown on all sides. The meatballs cook quickly, so adjust the heat as you go. Be careful not to overcook. They should be cooked through but still juicy. When they are almost finished cooking, add a couple of drizzles of honey and swirl the meatballs around in the warm honey to coat.
- Take off the heat and serve with any of the suggestions.
- Category: Main