These sweet and spicy roasted almonds are easy to whip up, and you control the heat so you can make them exactly to your liking.
By Robin Runner
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper (up to 2 tsp if you like more heat)
- 4 tablespoons of organic agave or honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil.
- Into a bowl place your almonds. Then add cinnamon, sugar, cayenne, agave or honey and vanilla. Toss to coat each nut. Spread the nuts evenly on the cookie sheet lined with a baking liner or parchment. Sprinkle with sea salt and then bake for 10 minutes. Remove and toss (they will be sticky) and then place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool and store in a covered container.
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.