A favourite place to kick-start your weekend in Stockholm for locals and tourists alike is Restaurant Teaterbrasseriet. If you can’t get there right away, try Chef Andreas Rickegård’s chicken terrine recipe.
By Michelle Tchea
A favourite place to kick-start your weekend in Stockholm for locals and tourists alike is Restaurant Teaterbrasseriet. Situated next to the main train station, the historical building now known as Scandic Grand Central Hotel is a perfect place to sip cocktails or enjoy simple, yet delicious bistro-style cuisine with Scandinavian flavours.
- 1 kg. room temperature chicken livers
- 1 kg. melted butter 70 degrees,
- 25 g salt
- 3 g black pepper
- 3 g sugar
- 50 oz port wine
- 1 kg. chicken
- 250 g bacon
- 25 g salt
- ½ lemon (zest)
- Black Pepper
- Bunch of carrots with tops
- Skin from the bird
- 3 cups of lemon juice
- 300g caster sugar
- 60 g salt
- 1 ½ liters of water
- 20g lemon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- radishes with white tops
- pour hot chicken broth to the liver at the table.
- Mix liver, port wine, salt, pepper and sugar completely smooth,
- add the butter in a fine jet under constant mixing,
- pass the batter and pour in molds. Bake at 102 degrees for 25 minutes, allow to cool completely in the fridge ...
- before serving:
- whisk up with softened butter;
- Shred chicken and bacon. Season with salt, pepper, lemon, thyme.
- and leek ash, baking under pressure at 80 degrees.
- Steam to the inside temp. 63 degree. Cool down under pressure.
- Carrots blanched briefly with shells and tops, shell rubbed off after , we split down and put in a lemon law , see recipe below. Raw carrots cut thinly on mandolin / peeler to peel and tops and place in ice water.
- The skin from the rooster is oven dried and chopped , we mix up with chorizo, chorizo ??skinned and dried in the oven chopped , jar parsley picked rough and deep fried , mix everything with roasted onions to a crisp
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow to cool
Terrine contains , tupplår , bacon, lemon , salt, pepper and thyme
We freeze the terrine and slice frozen on the cutting machine , keep frozen in portions when unexpected guests pop-in!"
Whisk up the mousse with tempered butter before service and serve with eggs on the plate.