These lovely fresh raspberry yoghurt popsicles are the perfect snack for hot summer days.
By Simone Van Den Berg
Not sure how it is with you guys but the Dutch summer has been…. well, less then perfect would the right description. We had a nice spring but sofar summer is mostly a lot of rain, temperatures that don’t get above 15C in a lot of cases and not to mention; NO SUNSHINE! July has been our wettest month ever. Sad but true.
Despite all that wetness I feel I have to share a real summer treat with you. If you’re anything like me, you are aware of your calorie intake as soon as summer and bikini season are around the corner. Ice cream – while one of my favorite treats – is not known to be very low in calories, so I am always on the lookout for alternatives. I saw these popsicles in one of our supermarket magazines and I just had to give it a try.
They are absolutely delicious! Fresh and almost guilt free as there is only so much sugar as is needed to get a bit of the tang out of the yogurt. Worth a try and a perfect snack for hot summer days (if we ever get any of those around here..)
- 500 gr vanilla yogurt
- 125 gr raspberries
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Mix the sugar and the yogurt and taste if it is sweet enough to your liking. You can use any kind of yogurt you like but vanilla yogurt is a little sweeter then most and works nicely here.
- Fill your popsicle holders almost to the rim but leave a little space for the raspberries
- Puree the raspberries in a blender. You can take the pips out if you want but I left them in.
- Add some of your raspberry puree into the popsicle holders and using a wooden stick blend it a bit with your yogurt, so you get a nice texture in the icecream
- Freeze for at least 4 hours and your ready to go!
Simone van den Berg is a Netherlands based freelance food photographer and food blogger. She has a passion for cooking, food and travel, which she shares on her blog Simone's Kitchen and of course right here on Honest Cooking.