A classic combo of cucumber and dill in a cool sandwich, perfect for those summer picnics.
By Jerri Green
My husband has been after me the past week or so to use up some of the dill which has gone bonkers in our herb garden. In his universe there is nothing that dill belongs on. So, needless to say I decided to use some of it up in a lunch – the only meal we don’t share each day. While I was at it, I threw in some other things the carnivore wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole – cream cheese and cucumbers. This is my take on a classic cucumber sandwich.
- 2 tblsp of fresh dill chopped
- 1 container of whipped cream cheese
- 1 large cucumber, skinned and sliced
- cibatta or rye bread
- salt and pepper
- Start by putting the whipped cream cheese, which is just easier to work with and has less calories that the regular stuff, in a bowl.
- Add in the dill a little at a time until it is thoroughly combined.
- Then smear this mixture on the bread.
- Next I top the cream cheese with cucumbers.
- Then dust the cucumbers with a little salt and pepper.