If thrown together into a bowl, a majority of these ingredients would make a nutritionally balanced breakfast indeed. And yes, it’s sugar-free too.
For the base:
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup LSA
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature, cubed
For the Yoghurt filling:
- 250g cream cheese
- 500g Greek yoghurt
- 5 tbsp coconut cream
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp lightly toasted coconut chips
- extra lime zest
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced, 325F, gas mark 3).
- Line the sides and base of a 23cm spring form tin with baking paper.
To strain the yoghurt:
- Pour yoghurt into a fine mesh sieve suspended over a bowl and allow the whey to separate from the solids for about 30 minutes. Discard the whey.
To make the base:
- Grind pistachios in a food processor or chopper until semi-fine. Transfer to a bowl and add the coconut, almond meal, LSA, hemp seeds and cubed butter. Rub with your fingers to make a dough – it will be ready when it forms a ball.
- Press dough into the base and sides of the tin to an even thickness.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the edges are starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Combine the cream cheese, strained yoghurt, coconut cream, rice syrup, lime juice and zest in another bowl. Whisk together. Add egg and fold it in gently, but making sure it’s well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the cooled base and return to the oven for around 30 minutes until the mixture pulls away from the base but is still custard-like in the middle. Remove from the oven, cool to to room temperature before placing in the fridge for couple of hours to set.
- Serve with a sprinkling of coconut chips and extra lime zest. The cheesecake will keep in the fridge for upto 5 days as long as you keep it covered with cling wrap.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert